Book!

Can you think of a more appropriate title for my 100th book review? Didn't think so!

THREE PROS
*The little boy shows remarkable interest in his new gift (rare at that age) and makes quite a day of it
*Might be worthwhile for kids that are having trouble relating to other children; there are worse things than losing yourself in a book
*From what I can tell the boy threw out his wrapping paper before diving into his present; good for him

THREE CONS 
*There are a bunch of exclamation points in here when I'm not sure even one is warranted 
*Wearing it on your head is one thing, but giving your book hugs is just a little creepy for me
*The more things change, the more they remain the same...another horrendously lame ending

ONE DAD'S OPINION
This is actually a higher rating than I thought it was going to get when I pulled it off of the library cart today.  Seriously, naming your book Book! felt right to you, Kristine O'Connell George?  Even if it was a joke, it was a bad one.  The story and pictures are decent enough, but this story is by no means worth a reader's time.  In fact, if I was a book, I'd be offended that something of this caliber was even a distant relative of mine.  I might even insist that it changed it's name to Printed Bound Paper! or something similar...                        

Buy / Borrow / DONATE / Destroy


No comments: