Bye-Bye Time

We've all been there.  It's time to go, but junior isn't having any of it. In my case, it's usually when my wife leaves for work in the morning and my son starts wailing.  Once she closes the door everything goes back to normal, but for that 30 seconds right before, he can be inconsolable.  [To be fair, he's gotten way, way better recently.]  

THREE PROS
*So many different techniques are discussed, you've gotta figure at least one will work for your child
*Then they follow it up with an extensive gameplan for you or your caregiver that could not be better organized
*Patterns -- they stand out more than anything else in the illustrations and I like 'em

THREE CONS 
*Not sure if it's possible, but the book's not particularly useful for kids under two, which is when the problem begins to rear its head and tendencies form
*I'd be sad too if my parents left me for over eight hours a day at such a young age (not a judgment at all, my mom had a babysitter for me from day one) 
*You could argue that she might have been drawn more emotional at the beginning than is depicted

ONE DAD'S OPINION
I cannot begin to tell you what an amazing job Elizabeth Verdick and Marieka Heinlen do with this book.  It's a no doubter.  If the rest of the Toddler Tools® series is this good, I might deprogram all of my natural instincts and just follow what they tell me to do to a 't'. Adios!  (It's OK, I'll see you tomorrow:)



BUY / Borrow / Donate / Destroy


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Following your wonderful!

You may visit/follow or join our site at http://olahmomma.com where you can also add your blog profile (and your blog banner), and/or your business domain.

You can also promote your giveaways & more for free at http://olahmomma.com/sweetdeals.