Pajama Mamas

Mama said there would be days like this, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

THREE PROS
*Credit should be given for a design style that you don't see everyday (where each page lifts up to reveal another page underneath)
*One of the mommas has a dark, almost goth, edge to her -- I bet her kid turns out cool 
*I'm grasping at straws here, but I guess I liked the way the sleeping babies were pictured

THREE CONS 
*The phrasing in the book is garbage and actually annoying to read out loud
*Pretty surprised that something published in 2009 would be so oblivious to presenting diversity in its characters
*The book has spent a year and a half in my local library but has the look of something from the Nixon era -- meaning the big flap pages it touts must be made of the lowest grade paper available

ONE DAD'S OPINION
How can a veteran author like Kate Spohn get away with putting this in print?  Shouldn't she be getting better at her craft as time goes on?  I hated every moment of my Pajama Mama experience.
Someone should put this thing to bed permanently.  And I know just the guy to do it...      

Buy / Borrow / Donate / DESTROY


No comments: