Dragons Love Tacos


You learn something new every day. 

THREE PROS
*Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri have published something truly original that stands out from the rest of its peers   
*Carries its irreverent tone from cover to cover without coming off as cheesy or annoying
*Subtly teaches kids to remember to read the fine print

THREE CONS 
*The humor makes up for a lot of it, but at the end of the day, DLT kind of just keeps going on and on about the same thing 
*Maybe I missed it, but I would really like to know the answer to the question (asked in the text) why dragons love tacos 
*I'm sure there's an explanation why there are 37 days on the November calendar (funny joke? dragons have a different take on timekeeping?) but it still could be mighty confusing to children trying to grasp the concept

ONE DAD'S OPINION
Taco Bell might just be my favorite fast food experience.  I love a lot of the items on the menu (gorditas being a clear #1) and will always appreciate the fact that Mountain Dew is always an option.  However, it's also the one-trick pony of the QSR world, because, for me at least, it's not varied enough to satisfy my cravings on a regular basis.  And, while this is true for any of its competitors as well, there's something about the thought of eating at Taco Bell every day that makes me certain I wouldn't even make it a year before keeling over.  I view Dragons Love Tacos much the same way.  Rubin and Salmieri have assembled a delicious treat for you and your child to devour.  When you are done, you realize that there were a lot of empty calories, but you don't care because it was super yummy.  However, if you try to relive that moment more than once in a blue moon, you'll start to wonder if it might be time to switch to something more nourishing.
 

Buy / BORROW / Donate / Destroy



No comments: