It Looked Like Spilt Milk

Don't cry, it's not THAT bad...

THREE PROS
*I gotta give Charles G. Shaw this, the subject matter is not something I've seen in book form before (but it's not exactly original either)
*The title really draws you in and the first couple of pages could theoretically keep you guessing what it could be
*The blue and white color scheme finds a way to be pleasing to the eye despite being super repetitive

THREE CONS 
*Stare at the sky for the next year and I bet you won't see anything that resembles a birthday cake or a squirrel the way they are depicted here (sorry to ruin it for you)
*The capitalization of key words will no doubt lead to bad grades in EnGliSh class down the line
*The images are all so concrete in their borders -- wouldn't some vapor trails been more realistic and fun at the same time

ONE DAD'S OPINION
If I were to compare this book to any milk-based product in my refrigerator, it would definitely be the chunky three-quarter-full half gallon of 2% that we poured out yesterday.  It had promise when I saw it on the shelf in the store, I was excited the first time I opened it, but in the end I just didn't get much use out of it. Furthermore, no one was that disappointed to see it go.         

Buy / Borrow / DONATE / Destroy 


No comments: