The More We Are Together

I've been gone for a little while, and this is what I come back to? Yikes - this blogging thing is harder than I thought it was!     

THREE PROS
*If I asked you to find illustrations that depicted happy kids having fun, you'd be hard pressed to locate something better
*Makes me want to fill a huge tub full of soapy water and go nuts with some bubbles
*The rounded five-finger construction of the page edges is nicely suited for hands of all sizes

THREE CONS 
*Why pay an author when you can just ask an intern at your publishing house to make up a rhyme while he collates in the mailroom   
*Stop preaching to me about the way to read a story to my kid and why your book is ideally designed for him or her 
*And while you're at it, don't hype this on the back cover (although I can see how it would be hard to actually fill a cover with actual information about the story)

ONE DAD'S OPINION
They say familiarity breeds contempt.  I am now familiar with this title and it definitely feels like the lovechild of hate and loathing. Q.E.D.  I considered tagging it with a Destroy rating, but backed off at the last minute because I think the pictures are appealing enough to children.       

Buy / Borrow / DONATE / Destroy


No comments: